Access Funded CoursesWelsh Assembly Government funded training courses to help you into employment.
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
Access Funded Training Courses in Torfaen, Bridgend, Swansea and the South Wales valleys area – Access For Individuals
What is Access Funding?
Do you live in the South Wales Valleys? Are you an unemployed adult who just needs that little extra support to help you get a job and keep it? Then the Access Programme could be just for you. Access provides vocational training grants to help you update your skills and improve your employment opportunities.
You could receive:
- A vocational training grant of up to £1,500 to help you update your skills to return to work;
- Up to £200 of extra support to help remove barriers to vocational training such as childcare or transport costs.
Who is eligible?
Access support is available if you:
- Live within the Unitary Authorities listed within the Valleys Task Force Area (Swansea, Merthyr Tydfil , Blaenau Gwent, Torfaen, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Caerphilly, Neath Port Talbot, Bridgend,Carmarthenshire)
- Are aged 18 and over
- Are not eligible for this support from any other available provision including ESF funded programmes.
- Have been unemployed for 24 months or less and are registered with Jobcentre Plus (this includes those claiming benefits or those claiming credits only), or are included in a spouse or partner’s claim for benefits
- Have a lack of current, relevant or transferable work experience but are considered work focused
- Have a reasonable chance of being ready for employment as a result of engaging with the Programme (within 6 months)
Step 1 – Contact Careers Wales to enquire about Access Funding
Step 2 – Contact Us to discuss your courses and to complete Form 2
Step 3 – Completed forms sent to Welsh Government for approval
Step 4 – Once approved you can start your training courses
We like to know exactly how we can help and support you and invite you to visit us for a chat with one of our advisers who can help you gain the most out of the Access programme.
In this informal meeting we can discuss your previous role, the type of jobs you would like to apply for going forward and how best to use your training allowance to get you back into work.
Have a question about our Access funded courses? Speak to one of our advisors today.
Popular Access Training Courses
Browse our most popular training courses.
"I really cannot fault the quality of the environment, tuition and course content. I have completed several courses here and they have all far exceeded my other learning experiences. I definitely recommend NILC."
Tracey Hassell | ReAct Learner
Our registered office and postal address is 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT.
All course bookings are subject to availability.