The latest information and guidance for learners, staff and visitors
Guidance For Training Courses
Classroom Training Courses
Following the Level 4 restrictions that are currently in place across Wales, NILC will be temporarily suspending all face-to-face classroom and onsite courses that were due to take place in January 2021. We will be aiming to reintroduce a limited number of classroom based courses as soon as current restrictions allow. Please contact us for the most up to date advice and guidance on attending a future classroom course date.
To ensure future classroom courses provide the same high-quality learning experience for you, whilst providing peace of mind that we have the necessary protocols in place to create a safe learning environment the following procedures have been implemented:
- A full risk assessment of each training centre or venue will be conducted prior to any training commencing
- Training centres will be deep cleaned and periodically sanitised throughout the day
- Classroom capacity will be reduced to at least 50% to ensure trainers and learners can maintain a safe 2m social distance
- Implementation of a one-way system around the buildings where possible
- Covid-19 safety and awareness signage throughout the venue and the installation of sanitizer stations around the centres
For further information please visit our “How NILC is preparing for the safe return of classroom training courses” page.
Virtual Live Training Courses
We understand that your learning week may still be different for a while and attending a future classroom course may not be feasible. As a result all of our training courses will continue to run as Virtual Live training sessions and are delivered in real-time with the same expert trainers that deliver our face-to-face courses.
To attend a virtual live course, all you will need is a computer or laptop with internet connection. If you would like to attend a virtual live course but do not have access to a computer, please contact us to discuss our additional support facilities.
If the course you are attending requires specialised software (e.g. Microsoft Project), which you are unlikely to have installed on your personal computer, NILC can provide you with free virtual access to our training computers that contain all software you require.
Guidance For Exam Candidates
Following the latest government announcements NILC’s Newport examination centre is currently closed until Monday 1st February (please note this date is subject to change). If you have an examination booked, you will be contacted by your examination body to reschedule to an alternative date.
All candidates are required to wear your own face mask while at the test centre and throughout your exam. Any surgical or cloth face mask, including a homemade face mask, is acceptable as long as your nose and mouth are fully covered. Face masks with exhalation valves and face shields are not acceptable. Candidates without a face mask will be denied testing services. We are unable to provide face masks to candidates.
If you exhibit symptoms upon arrival at the test centre, you will be asked to reschedule your exam for another time when in full health.
We are following recommendations from the relevant public health authorities and World Health Organization for preventing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting testing candidates and our staff. We ask candidates to comply with the health and safety guidelines outlined below to keep fellow candidates safe.
- Hand sanitiser will be made available in the reception, waiting area and the testing room.
- Each workstation will be cleaned and disinfected before and after testing appointments.
- Tissues will be provided to candidates upon arrival at the test centre (these can be used to operate the mouse).
- Permit candidates to wear a mask or face covering during the exam
- Permit candidates to wear disposable gloves during the exam
- Social distancing recommendations of 2 metres will be in place.
For further information please visit our “How NILC is preparing for the safe return of examinations” page.
Keep up to date
We are encouraging all learners, staff and visitors to keep up to date on the most recent advice and guidance relating to Coronavirus.
For the latest information about Coronavirus in Wales, including its symptoms, protecting yourself and self-isolation advice, please visit the Public Health Wales website.
Newport Office: 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT.
All course bookings are subject to availability.