The latest information and guidance for learners, staff and visitors
Updated 8 July 2020
Our team is still here to help by phone, email or web chat.
Guidance For Training Courses
Classroom Training Courses
We understand that many of you are eager to return to classroom training and as lockdown is slowly easing and schools start to reopen, we’re aiming to reintroduce a limited selection of classroom based courses on a phased approach from July.
To ensure we are providing the same high-quality learning experience for you, whilst providing peace of mind that we have the necessary protocols in place to create a safe learning environment we are implementing the following procedures:
- A full risk assessment of each training centre or venue will be conducted prior to any training commencing
- Training centres will be deep cleaned and periodically sanitised throughout the day
- Classroom capacity will be reduced to at least 50% to ensure trainers and learners can maintain a safe 2m social distance
- Implementation of a one-way system around the buildings where possible
- Covid-19 safety and awareness signage throughout the venue and the installation of sanitizer stations around the centres
For further information please visit our “How NILC is preparing for the safe return of classroom training courses” page.
Virtual Live Training Courses
We understand that your learning week may still be different for a while and attending a classroom course may not be feasible. As a result all of our training courses will continue to run as Virtual Live training sessions and are delivered in real-time with the same expert trainers that deliver our face-to-face courses.
If you would like to attend a Virtual Live course but do not have access to the software on your personal computer (e.g. Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, etc.), NILC will provide you with virtual access to our training computers which contain all software you require, throughout the duration of your course. Please contact us to arrange this service, and let us know if you require any further support.
Guidance For Exam Candidates
Following the latest government information our Newport examination centre is currently due to reopen on Monday 27th July 2020.
If you exhibit symptoms upon arrival at the test center, you may be asked to reschedule your exam for another time when in full health.
We strongly recommend that you wear a face mask or face covering in the test center and while taking your test to protect yourself and others. We are unable to provide face masks to candidates.
We are following recommendations from the relevant public health authorities and World Health Organization for preventing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting testing candidates and our staff. We ask candidates to comply with the health and safety guidelines outlined below to keep fellow candidates safe.
- Hand sanitiser will be made available in the reception, waiting area and the testing room.
- Each workstation will be cleaned and disinfected before and after testing appointments.
- Tissues will be provided to candidates upon arrival at the test centre (these can be used to operate the mouse).
- Permit candidates to wear a mask or face covering during the exam
- Permit candidates to wear disposable gloves during the exam
- Social distancing recommendations of 2 metres will be in place.
For further information please visit our “How NILC is preparing for the safe return of examinations” page.
Keep up to date
We are encouraging all learners, staff and visitors to keep up to date on the most recent advice and guidance relating to Coronavirus.
For the latest information about Coronavirus in Wales, including its symptoms, protecting yourself and self-isolation advice, please visit the Public Health Wales website.
Our registered office and postal address is 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT.
All course bookings are subject to availability.