BCS Business Analysis Practice Training Course + Certification
> Become a qualified Business Analyst
> Available in venues throughout Wales
> Classroom and Inhouse courses available
> Onsite and customised courses available
> ReAct and Access funding accepted
Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
This hands-on, interactive course will develop the practical skills you need to become an effective business analyst and equip you with a BCS (formerly ISEB) accreditation that is highly regarded by prestigious employers.
This course includes the BCS Certificate in Business Analysis Practice.
The following topics will be covered:
Business analysis rationale:
- What is a business system.
- The place of business analysis.
- Business analysis versus systems analysis.
- Approaches to business analysis.
Strategic analysis in context:
- Understanding the organisation’s strengths and weaknesses.
- External analysis – PESTLE.
- Internal analysis – Resource Audit.
A project approach to business analysis:
- Business analysis studies as projects.
- Terms of reference and project initiation.
- Assuring business benefit.
Understanding the situation/issues:
- Types of business ‘problem’.
- Rich pictures.
- Defining the problem.
- Review of investigation techniques.
- Business perspective – introduction.
- Defining the perspective – CATWOE.
Analysing and modelling the business activities:
- Modelling business activities.
- Five types of business activity.
- Modelling multiple perspectives.
- Decomposing activities.
- Validating the business activity model.
- End-to-end process maps.
Creative problem solving:
- Barriers to creativity.
- Stimulating creative thinking.
Identifying potential solutions:
- Exploring the gap between the current and desired situation.
- Areas for business improvement (structure, processes, people)
- Holistic approach to business solutions.
- Discussion of business change programmes.
Making the business case:
- Contents of a business case.
- Costs and benefits.
- Impacts and risks.
- Payback and discounted cash flow.
- Presenting the business case.
Course summary and review:
- Review of concepts and approaches covered.
Presented in association with metadata training.
The BCS Business Analysis Practice one hour ‘closed book’ multiple-choice exam. The pass mark is 25/40
This course includes:
- Training from an accredited BCS trainer
- Business Analysis Practice course materials
- Exam and Certification fee
Course Key Points
Duration: 3 days
Practice Exam(s): Included
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your Business Analysis Training?
Highly skilled trainers with real world user experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Industry expert trainers with over 10 years experience
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
We can offer custom training tailored to your requirements
Post Course Support
We’ll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.