BCS Requirements Engineering Training Course + Certification
> Become a qualified Business Analyst
> Available in venues throughout Wales
> Classroom and Inhouse courses available
> Onsite and customised courses available
> ReAct and Access funding accepted
Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
BCS Requirements Engineering training course gives delegates a solid grounding in a range of techniques for revealing, analysing and documenting business and system requirements, in addition to gaining a BCS accreditation that is highly regarded by prestigious UK employers. This course includes the BCS Certificate in Requirements Engineering.
The following topics will be covered:
The role of the analyst:
- The role and competencies of an analyst.
- Developing analyst competencies.
The requirements engineering process:
- The importance of requirements engineering.
- A framework for requirements engineering
- Characteristics of requirements engineering.
Actors and viewpoints:
- Stakeholders in business analysis projects.
- Roles and responsibilities in the requirements engineering process.
- Context diagrams and stakeholders.
- The importance of the project initiation stage.
- The project initiation document.
- The use of workshops to elicit, analyse and negotiate requirements.
- Structure of a facilitated workshop.
- Workshop rules.
- Facilitation skills.
- Stimulating creative thinking.
- Structure of a fact-finding interview.
- Questioning techniques.
- Documenting interviews.
- General business requirements.
- Functional and non-functional requirements.
- Technical requirements.
- The requirements catalogue.
- Interpreting class diagrams.
- Scoping systems and documenting requirements with use cases.
Other requirements elicitation techniques:
- Observation and ethnographic studies.
- Activity sampling.
- Document and data source analysis.
- Choosing the appropriate technique/s.
- Examining the requirements catalogue.
- Prioritising requirements (MoSCow).
- Checking for ambiguity and lack of clarity.
- Testability of requirements.
Scenarios and prototyping:
- The use of scenarios to explore requirements.
- Use case descriptions as a method of documenting scenarios.
- The use of prototyping to explore requirements.
- Types of prototyping (throwaway, evolutionary, etc.)
- The dangers and difficulties of prototyping; managing prototyping exercises.
- Change and version control of requirements.
- Requirements traceability.
- The use of CASE tools in requirements engineering.
- Validation techniques.
- Quality control in requirements engineering.
Requirements and systems development:
- Development life-cycles.
- The link between requirements and systems development.
- Post-implementation review.
Presented in association with metadata training.
The BCS Requirements Engineering one hour ‘closed book’ multiple-choice exam. The pass mark is 25/40
This course includes:
- Training from an accredited BCS trainer
- Business Analysis Practice course materials
- Exam and Certification fee
Course Key Points
Duration: 3 days
Exam(s): Included – taken during the course
Practice Exam(s): Included
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your Business Analysis Training?
Highly skilled trainers with real world user experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Industry expert trainers with over 10 years experience
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
We can offer custom training tailored to your requirements
Post Course Support
We’ll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Follow us for the latest updates
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.