Award in the Principles of Fire Safety Awareness Level 1 Training Course + Certification
> Fully accredited Fire Safety Training Courses
> Available in venues throughout Wales
> Classroom and Inhouse courses available
> Onsite and customised courses available
> ReAct and Access funding accepted
Learn from home - we offer this course as a live instructor-led virtual session delivered by the same expert trainers as our classroom courses
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
The Level 1 Fire Safety qualification is aimed at staff, particularly new starters in any workplace, where a basic understanding of fire safety is required. Learners gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and will recognise the contribution they have in preventing the starting and spread of fires.
Understand the principles of fire and its prevention
- Components of the fire triangle – ignition, fuel, oxygen.
- How elements start/reduce/stop a fire, causes of fire
- Main causes of fires in the workplace – arson, electrical faults, smoking materials
- Reduce the likelihood of a fire- fire risk assessment, housekeeping, physical controls, employee controls (training), equipment safety and servicing e.g. gas and electric, storage of flammable substances/fuel.
- Main costs of fires in the workplace – personal injury or death, direct cost to building and business, insurance costs, loss of jobs, society healthcare, social welfare.
- Structural features of means of escape – fire doors, staircases, emergency lighting, escape doors, assembly points How to ensure they are maintained – regular inspection, testing, maintenance.
Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace
- Actions to take in the event of a fire – raise the alarm, evacuate, contact emergency services, fight a fire if able, assembly point
- Types of fire-fighting equipment – portable Extinguishers – water, dry powder, foam, wet chemical, CO2 , blanket. Fixed sprinklers, hoses.
- Ensure fire safety equipment is available for use – regular servicing of equipment.
This qualification is assessed by a 15-question multiple-choice examination that must be completed within 30 minutes.
This course includes:
- Training from a certified Fire Safety trainer
- Course Handbook
- Classroom Based Examination
Course Key Points
Duration: ½ day
Practice Exam(s): Included
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your Fire Safety Training?
Highly skilled trainers with real world user experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Industry expert trainers with over 10 years experience
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
We can offer custom training tailored to your requirements
Post Course Support
We’ll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Newport Office: 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT.
All course bookings are subject to availability.