Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
This 2 day course is ideal for those who have little or no experience using Adobe Illustrator and who need to learn the basic skills that are necessary to begin using the program effectively.
At the end of the course the students will be able to familiar with the Illustrator working environment and be confident in creating and manipulating basic objects, lines and type.
- The basic Illustrator interface
- The Illustrator Preference file
- The Artboard and it’s components
- Showing, hiding and rearranging palettes
- Understanding the toolbox
- Opening and Saving Illustrator files and Using Zoom
- Select Objects
- Select Part of an Object
- Select Type
- Use the Navigation Palette
- Work in Preview and Outline mode
- Create a Custom View
- Create a New File
- Save a File
- Set Rulers
- Grids and Guides
- Set preferences for Grids and Guides
- Create Rectangles, Ovals, Polygons, and Stars
- Apply Colour to the Fill and Stroke of an Object
- Working with the Colour Palette
- Selecting Colour from preset Colour Swatches such as Pantone™ and Trumatch
- Creating your own Custom Colour
- Swatches and Adjust the Stroke Width
MORE DRAWING TOOLS
- Drawing Line and Arc Segments
- Drawing Spirals
- Using the Pencil Tool and Drawing with the Pen Tool
WORKING WITH LAYERS
- Understand the importance of working with layers
- Creating new Layers
- Showing, Hiding and Locking Layers
- Rearrange Layers
- Move objects from one Layer to another
- Delete layers and Setting Layer Options
- Use the Transform Palette to change an Object by setting Scale
- Shear and Rotate properties and Using the Transform again Command
WORKING WITH TYPE
- Add Type to a Document
- Create columns of Type
- Change the Character size of Type
- Set Paragraph Properties for Type
- Wrap Type Around a Graphic and Set Type Along a Path
- Output your Artwork to Print and Output for Web
There is no formal assessment for this course. For accredited Adobe courses please contact us.
This course includes:
- Training from a certified Adobe trainer
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course (classroom & onsite courses only)
- Detailed course notes and sample exercises
- Full colour course manual
- Refreshments (classroom courses only)
- A recording of the training course (virtual courses only)
Course Key Points
Duration: 2 days
Accredited: Available upon request
Exam(s): Available upon request
Practice Exam(s): Available upon request
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Why Choose NILC For Your Adobe Training?
Industry Expert Trainers
Adobe Certified Trainers with real world experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Trusted & Accredited
Official Adobe certified courses available
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
Tailored courses to meet your requirements
Post Course Support
We'll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.