Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
This 2 day course is ideal for those who have little or no experience using Adobe InDesign and who need to learn the basic skills that are necessary to begin using the program effectively.
At the end of the course the students will be able to familiar with the InDesign working environment and will be able to confidently begin creating new, or modifying existing InDesign documents.
- An introduction to InDesign and its features
- A tour around the work area
- The toolbox
- Opening files
- Navigation techniques
- Saving and closing files and file export
SETTING UP A NEW DOCUMENT
- Document creation
- Working with Guides
- Grids and Master pages
SHAPES, FRAMES AND PLACEHOLDERS
- Drawing and editing shapes, frames and placeholders
- Filling objects with colour and gradients
- Stroking shapes and lines,
- Creating text and graphic frames and transforming objects
- Using the Pen tool to create and edit free-form shapes
- Creating text frames
- Entering and placing text and special characters
- Text editing
- Specifying text frame options
- Using Find/Change and the Spell checker
- Using the character and paragraph palettes to format text
- Using tabs, leaders and indents, drop caps and optical margin alignment
WORKING WITH STYLES
- Defining and applying character and paragraph styles
- Removing styles from selected tex
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts
- Nested styles
- Importing and deleting styles
WORKING WITH IMAGES
- Adding images
- Modifying graphic frames and their contents
- Creating in-line frames
- Wrapping text around objects
- Managing links
- Using layers to group and separate objects
- Working with the layers palette
- Creating layers
- Moving and copying objects between layers
- Merging and deleting layers
- Creating and handling transparency
- Using feathering
- Drop shadows and adding corner effects to frames
- Creating tables and adding content
- Inserting and deleting rows and columns
- Making selections in tables
- Formatting tables
- Breaking tables across frames
- Adding strokes and fills
- Working with an object library
- Changing the library display
- Cataloging objects
PREFLIGHTING, PACKAGING AND PRINTING
- Using the preflight command and options to check the integrity of a document
- Using the package command and the print menu
There is no formal assessment for this course. For accredited Adobe courses please contact us.
This course includes:
- Training from a certified Adobe trainer
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course (classroom & onsite courses only)
- Detailed course notes and sample exercises
- Full colour course manual
- Refreshments (classroom courses only)
- A recording of the training course (virtual courses only)
Course Key Points
Duration: 2 days
Accredited: Available upon request
Exam(s): Available upon request
Practice Exam(s): Available upon request
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Why Choose NILC For Your Adobe Training?
Industry Expert Trainers
Adobe Certified Trainers with real world experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Trusted & Accredited
Official Adobe certified courses available
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
Tailored courses to meet your requirements
Post Course Support
We'll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Follow us for the latest updates
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.