Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
This 2 day course is ideal for those who have little or no experience using Adobe Photoshop and who need to learn the basic skills that are necessary to begin using the program effectively.
At the end of the course the students will be able to familiar with the Photoshop working environment, creating and editing multi-layer files.
THE PHOTOSHOP ENVIRONMENT
- What does Photoshop do?
- Introducing pixels and selections
- The navigator window: getting around in an image, zoom shortcuts
- Using the history palette
- Multiple undo and snapshots
- Resolution and file size
- Different image formats and their uses
- Colour types
- The different selection tools
- The magic wand and tolerance settings
- Inverting selections
- Feathering selections
- Expanding and contracting selections
- Transforming selections
- Adding to and subtracting from selections
- Working with Levels and Curves
- Hue and saturation
The info palette
- Creating new layers and duplicate layers
- Importing layers from other images
- Giving layers transparency
- Linking and merging layers
- Adjusting individual channels
- Saving and loading selections
- Adjusting image size
- Changing colour type
- Flattening layers
- Cropping images
THE PAINTING TOOLS
- Brush selection and adjustment
- Colour selection
- Creating new brushes
- Using patterns
- The other painting tools
- The healing and clone stamp tools
- Quick masks
- Layer masks
- The graduated fill tool
- Editing gradient properties
THE PEN TOOL
- Creating and editing paths
- Generating clipping paths
MORE ABOUT LAYERS
- Adding layer effects
- Creating and using layer sets
- Clipping groups and their uses
- Changing the hierarchy of layers
WORKING WITH TYPE
- Editing type
- Colouring type
- Distorting type Rasterizing type layers
There is no formal assessment for this course. For accredited Adobe courses please contact us.
This course includes:
- Training from a certified Adobe trainer
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course (classroom & onsite courses only)
- Detailed course notes and sample exercises
- Full colour course manual
- Refreshments (classroom courses only)
- A recording of the training course (virtual courses only)
Course Key Points
Duration: 2 days
Accredited: Available upon request
Exam(s): Available upon request
Practice Exam(s): Available upon request
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Why Choose NILC For Your Adobe Training?
Industry Expert Trainers
Adobe Certified Trainers with real world experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Trusted & Accredited
Official Adobe certified courses available
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
Tailored courses to meet your requirements
Post Course Support
We'll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Follow us for the latest updates
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.