Power BI Introduction Training Course
Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
In this Power BI Introduction level course delegates will explore the core concepts of Power BI and create basis reports and dashboards.
After completing this course delegates will be able to:
- Enter data from multiple sources
- Work with Reports, Charts and Dashboards
- Apply visual formatting to data
Module 1: Getting Started with Power BI
- Power BI Concepts and Overview
- Introduction to Main Features
- Filters and Queries
- The difference between the Desktop and Online Versions of Power BI
- How to determine when to use the desktop and online versions of Power BI.
Module 2: Creating Data Visualisations
- Importing and Entering Data from one or more data sources
- Creating Relationships in Data
- Creating Reports
- Overview of Data Visualisations
- Creating Charts
- Changing Visualisations
- Creating Interactive Slicers and filters
- Adding filters
- Drilling through data
- Applying Data to a map
- Introduction to Visualisation Formatting
Module 3: Creating Dashboards
- Creating a Dashboard
- Applying Report Visualisations to a Dashboard
- Making dashboards interactive
- Sharing Dashboards
NILC reserves the right to improve the specification and format of its courses for the benefit of its customers without prior notice to the customer.
This course consist of in-class practice assessments. There is no formal assessment available for this course.
This course includes:
- Training from an experienced Microsoft trainer
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course (classroom & onsite courses only)
- Detailed course notes and sample exercises
- Full colour course manual
- Free online training videos
- Refreshments (classroom courses only)
- A recording of the training course (virtual courses only)
Course Key Points
Duration: 1 day
Course Materials: Included
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.