Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
In this Microsoft Teams Introduction level training course delegates will learn the basics of using Office 365 and its MS Teams services, including the role of Teams, Channels, Files, Meetings and Chat.
After completing this course delegates will be able to:
- Create and Manage a team’s user base
- Work with Channels, Groups and Chats
- Upload files and collaborate
- Communicate with colleagues via chat, video and meetings
MS Teams Overview
- What is Teams?
- Accessing Teams and the Start Screen
- Creating a Team
- Public Vs Private
- Join/Favourite a Team
- Adding/Reordering/Leaving Teams
- Get link to a Team
- Creating a Team from an Existing Team
- Adding Members/Owners
- Member/Guest Permissions
- Profile Management
- Team picture
- Creating/Managing/Viewing a Channel
- Channel Connectors
- Email to Channel
- Get link to a channel
- Adding Tabs
- Adding Uploaded Excel File to a Tab
- Interacting with Tabbed File
- Start a Chat
- Activity threads and Group Private chat
- Message the whole Team
- Add people to a Chat (including. Guests)
- Formatting and Emojis, Mems, Stickers
- Converting Chats to Meetings Status indicators
- Conversation Thread
- Tag a Person, Channel, Team
- Like a message
- Saved messages
- Mark as unread
- Starting an On-Demand Meeting via Conversations
- Create a Group
- Create a Team for an existing group
- Group conversations vs conversations in Teams
- Group Calendar
- Group Planner/Site
- Find Chats, Files, People
- Feed filter
- My Activity feed
- Search Commands
File Storage and Management
- Uploading Files
- Sharing files
- Make the File a tab
- Real time collaboration
- Using Video or Phone audio
- Meetings/Conference Calls
- Scheduling and Joining Meetings
- Inviting people to meetings
- Adding people to meetings
- Meeting tools – e.g. Recording
- Share Desktop
NILC reserves the right to improve the specification and format of its courses for the benefit of its customers without prior notice to the customer.
This course consist of in-class practice assessments. There is no formal assessment available for this course.
This course includes:
- Training from an experienced Microsoft trainer
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course (classroom & onsite courses only)
- Detailed course notes and sample exercises
- Full colour course manual
- Free online training videos
- Refreshments (classroom courses only)
- A recording of the training course (virtual courses only)
Course Key Points
Duration: 1 day
Practice Exam(s): N/A
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.