Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
This Introduction to PowerPoint training class is designed for students who are interested in learning the fundamentals needed to create and modify basic presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint. Students will explore the PowerPoint environment and create a presentation. Students will format text on slides to enhance clarity and add graphical objects to a presentation and modify them. Students will also add tables and charts to a presentation to present data in a structured form and then finalise a presentation.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Start and end a PowerPoint session.
- Edit a presentation.
- Create different types of slides.
- Use the Outline tab.
- Add Clipart to a slide.
- Format slides and use templates.
- Apply Tables and Charts to a presentation.
- Print various components of a presentation.
- Run a slide show.
- The PowerPoint Environment
- Opening and Closing a presentation
- Using Save and Save As
- Entering Text into a Slide
- Inserting a New Slide
- Deleting a Slide
- Moving and Copying a Slide(s)
- Changing Slide Layout
- Copying, Moving and Deleting Slide Information
- Using the Format Painter
- Changing Text Case
- Formatting in PowerPoint (Shading, Font Formatting)
- Slide Background Design
- Page Setup control
- Managing presentation views (Normal, Slide Sorter View)
- Using Master Slide View
- Inserting Pictures and Shapes
- Modifying and Resizing Pictures and Shapes
- Creating, Formatting and Modifying a Table
- Creating and Modifying an Organisation Chart
- Creating and Modifying a Chart
- Using WordArt
- Using Slide Transitions and Custom Animations
- Using Find and Replace
- Printing in PowerPoint
There is no formal assessment available for this course. Delegates knowledge will be tested in class through a series of informal exercises.
This course includes:
- Training from an experienced Microsoft trainer
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course (classroom & onsite courses only)
- Detailed course notes and sample exercises
- Full colour course manual
- Free online training videos
- Refreshments (classroom courses only)
- A recording of the training course (virtual courses only)
Course Key Points
Duration: 1 day
Practice Exam(s): N/A
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your Microsoft PowerPoint Training?
Industry Expert Trainers
Highly skilled trainers with real world user experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Multiple Course Levels
Standard and customised courses available
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
We can offer custom training tailored to your requirements
Post Course Support
We'll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Follow us for the latest updates
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.