Learn from home - we offer this course as a live instructor-led virtual session delivered by the same expert trainers as our classroom courses
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
The Introduction to Microsoft Visio training course is designed for students new to working with Microsoft Visio in Windows. Students will learn to create objects of their own, using the drawing tools, as well as being able to automate the charting using external data.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Navigate the Visio interface
- Use and manipulate stencils and shapes
- Create organisational diagrams
- Design and manage basic diagrams, workflows and flowcharts
- Visio Basics and using Visio Templates
- Using Shape Stencils and Managing Shapes
- Headers and Footers in Visio
- Foreground and Background Pages
- Formatting Shapes and Text
- Selecting Stencil Shapes
- Static and Dynamic Shapes, using the Auto connect Feature
- Selecting and Grouping Shapes
- Aligning and Ordering Shapes
- Using Visio Connectors and Shape Tools
- Modifying Shape Stencils
- Producing Custom Visio Shapes
- Creating and Modifying Custom Stencils
- Copying Diagrams to a Custom Stencil
- Modifying Custom Stencil Diagrams
- Creating and Modifying Visio Diagrams i.e. Organisation Chart, Flowchart, Timeline
NILC reserves the right to improve the specification and format of its courses for the benefit of its customers without prior notice to the customer.
There is no formal assessment available for this course. Delegates knowledge will be tested in class through a series of informal exercises.
This course includes:
- Training from an experienced Microsoft trainer
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course (classroom & onsite courses only)
- Detailed course notes and sample exercises
- Full colour course manual
- Free online training videos
- Refreshments (classroom courses only)
- A recording of the training course (virtual courses only)
Course Key Points
Duration: 1 day
Practice Exam(s): N/A
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.