Microsoft Project Advanced Specialist Training Course
Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
Microsoft Project is a project management application, designed to assist project managers in developing a plan, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analysing workloads.
This course is designed to provide delegates with the advanced-level operations of Microsoft Project. After completing this course, you will be familiar enough to use the advanced features of Microsoft Project on a day-to-day basis.
- Foundation course Recap Activity
- Modifying and Re-ordering Linked Tasks
- Entering Task Lag or Lead Time
- Assigning Calendars to a Project
- Customising the Project Standard Calendar
- Entering Non-Working Days into the Standard Calendar
- Managing Resource Calendars
- Changing Resource Calendar Working Times
- Re-assigning and Re-allocating Task Resources
- Managing Resource Over-allocation
- Controlling Effort Driven Task Resources
- Displaying the Critical Path and Critical Tasks
- Project Progress and Percentage Completion
- Displaying Project Progress Lines
- Creating and Managing Tables
- Advanced Reports and Modifying Reports
- Importing and Exporting information using MS Project
- Adding Project and Task Hyperlinks
- Custom Fields the Basics
- Using and Controlling the Project Timeline
- Assigning Tasks to a Project Timeline
- Exporting a Project Timeline
- Copying a Project Timeline into MS PowerPoint
- Creating a Project Picture Image or Selected Tasks Picture Image
- Formatting Tasks and elements within MS Project
- Linking Text Boxes to Tasks in MS Project
- Resource Pools and Modifying Resource Pools
- Techniques for managing Resource Pools
- Master and Sub Projects
- Linking Sub Projects in a Master Project
- Setting Baselines in Master and Sub Projects
- Modifying Sub Projects
- Programme Management using MS Project
- Setting and Managing Multiple Baselines
- Displaying Multiple Baseline Information and Visual Graphics
- Inserting MS Project Fields
- Using Custom Fields i.e. Date, Number, Text
- Creating and Modifying Lookup Fields
- Creating and Modifying Calculation Fields
- Using Graphical Indicators with Calculation Fields
- Custom Fields and Programme Management
This course includes:
- Training from an experienced Microsoft trainer
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course (classroom & onsite courses only)
- Detailed course notes and sample exercises
- Full colour course manual
- Free online training videos
- Refreshments (classroom courses only)
- A recording of the training course (virtual courses only)
Course Key Points
Duration: 2 days
Practice Exam(s): N/A
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
What Our Customers Say
Great organisation and delivery of PRINCE2/Visio/Project courses from NILC. They were easy to contact for advice, and very helpful prior and after the training. Excellent professional tutors that helped me achieve good results.
Richard is a great tutor and I throughly recommended him (and NILC) to teach and train you how to use Microsoft Project. Due to Covid, this has been through virtual learning but there are plenty of breaks, and to ask questions as you go along. Karim is also a great help, as he makes sure you have access to the online learning modules and videos. Nothing is too much trouble, and that means a lot - because there are loads of training firms out there that promise a lot, but don't deliver. NILC delivers! I really do recommend this course if you or your organisation is looking for a cost-effective, user friendly training programme.
The Microsoft Project course was really well delivered by our course leader, at a pace that suited me. There was plenty of opportunity to put into practice what we had learned which helped it sink in. I would recommend.
Why Choose NILC For Your Microsoft Project Training?
Industry Expert Trainers
Highly skilled trainers with real world Project experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Multiple Course Levels
Standard and Specialist level courses available
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
We can offer custom training tailored to your requirements
Post Course Support
We’ll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Project Management Courses
Follow us for the latest updates
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.