Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
Microsoft Project is a project management application, designed to assist project managers in developing a plan, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analysing workloads.
This course is designed to provide delegates with the introduction and intermediate-level operations of Microsoft Project. After completing this course, you will be familiar enough to use Microsoft Project on a day-to-day basis
- Planning a Project/ Project Initiation Document (PID)
- MS Project Environment and Customising MS Project
- Project Information and setting a Project Start/Finish Date
- Inserting, Deleting and Modifying Tasks
- Inserting Milestones
- Copying and Moving Tasks
- Manual Scheduling verses Auto Scheduling
- Inputting Task Durations i.e. Hour, Day, Week
- Grouping/Indenting/Outlining Tasks
- “Action” and “Static” Tasks
- Predecessor and Successor Tasks
- Linking Tasks i.e. Finish to Start, Start to Start, Finish to Finish
- “Globally” Linking Tasks
- Unlinking Tasks
- Displaying the Project Summary Task
- Modifying Task Links and updating a Project
- Inputting and Assigning Resources
- Resource Costs and Assigning Cost to Tasks
- Using Tables in MS Project
- Setting a Baseline and displaying the Baseline Graphic
- Reviewing Baseline Variances
- Setting Task Constraints and entering Task Notes
- Standard Calendar and Managing Working Times
- Printing in MS Project and setting the Project Timescale
- Percentage Completion(%) and Reports
This course includes:
- Training from an experienced Microsoft trainer
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course (classroom & onsite courses only)
- Detailed course notes and sample exercises
- Full colour course manual
- Free online training videos
- Refreshments (classroom courses only)
- A recording of the training course (virtual courses only)
Course Key Points
Duration: 2 days
Practice Exam(s): N/A
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.