Excel VBA Advanced Training Course
> Learn with Wales leading VBA training provider
> Interactive hands on training sessions
> Virtual, Classroom and Onsite courses available
> Onsite and customised courses available
> ReAct and Access funding accepted
Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
This Advanced Excel VBA course is suitable for Excel users who wish to develop their skills and introduce more sophisticated automation into their workflows.
After completing this course delegates will:
- Have a good understanding of the major components of VBA.
- Expand their reach by being able to use VBA to communicate with other Office applications, such as Word.
The Excel Object Model
- Exploring the Range object in detail
- The versatile CurrentRegion object
- Working with collections of Workbooks and Worksheets
- Manipulating Charts through VBA
- Manipulating PivotTables through VBA
- Efficient variable storage with arrays
- Array optimisation
- Dynamic arrays
- The Array function
Triggers and Events
- Running macros automatically
- Executing macros on a timer
- Associating macros with other Workbook events
- Passing parameters by reference and by value
Working with Text Files
- Importing text files
- Exporting text files
- Using the FileStream object
Linking with Office
- Connecting to other Office applications
- Working with other Office applications
Linking to data sources using ADO
- Understanding ActiveX Data Objects
- Using Excel to communicate with other data sources
- Understanding the connection string
- Adding, reading, modifying and deleting data
- How macro security works
- Password protecting your code
- Distributing macros via an Add-In
There is no accredited assessment for this course.
This course includes:
- Training from an experienced Excel VBA trainer
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course
- Detailed course notes and sample exercises
Course Key Points
Duration: 1 day
Practice Exam(s): N/A
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your VBA Training?
Highly skilled trainers with real world user experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Industry expert trainers with over 10 years experience
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
We can offer custom training tailored to your requirements
Post Course Support
We’ll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Follow us for the latest updates
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.