Introduction to SQL Training Course
> Learn with Wales leading SQL training provider
> Interactive hands on training sessions
> Virtual, Classroom and Onsite courses available
> Onsite and customised courses available
> ReAct and Access funding accepted
Learn from home - we offer this course as a live instructor-led virtual session delivered by the same expert trainers as our classroom courses
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
This course is aimed at people looking to move into a database professional role or whose job role is expanding to encompass database elements. The course describes fundamental database concepts including database types, database languages, and database designs.
- What is a database?
- Understanding what tables are
- Logging with SQL Server Management Studio and understanding its querying interface
- Introduction to the SELECT Statement
- Learning how to select specific information from a data table
- Understanding basic SQL Server data types
- Creating calculations in SQL
- Basic text manipulation in SQL
- Introduction to dates in SQL
- Sorting and grouping data in SQL
- Introduction to relationships. Understanding what joins are
- Selecting information from more than one table
- An introduction to inserting, updating and deleting information
There is no formal assessment for this course. For accredited SQL courses please visit Microsoft SQL Server training courses.
This course includes:
- Training from an experienced SQL trainer
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course
- Detailed course notes and sample exercises
Course Key Points
Duration: 1 day
Practice Exam(s): N/A
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.