Configuring, Managing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 (10135) Training Course
> Certification Preparation Training Course
> Available in venues throughout Wales
> Classroom and Virtual courses available
> Onsite and customised courses available
> ReAct and Access funding accepted
Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to configure and manage a Microsoft® Exchange Server 2010 messaging environment. This course will teach you how to configure Exchange Server 2010, as well as provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help you optimize your Exchange server deployment.
- Experience managing Windows Server® 2003 or Window Server 2008 operating systems.
- Experience with Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS).
- Fundamental knowledge of network technologies including Domain Name System (DNS) and firewall technologies.
- Experience managing backup and restore on Windows Servers.
- Experience using Windows management and monitoring tools such as Microsoft Management Console, Active Directory Users and Computers, Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, and Internet Information Services (IIS) Administrator.
- Experience using Windows networking and troubleshooting tools such as Network Monitor, Telnet, and NSLookup.
- Fundamental knowledge of certificates and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
Module 1: Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Overview of Exchange Server 2010 Requirements
- Installing Exchange Server 2010 Server Roles
- Completing an Exchange Server 2010 Installation
Lab : Installing Exchange Server 2010
Lab : Verifying an Exchange Server 2010 Installation
Module 2: Configuring Mailbox Servers
- Overview of Exchange Server 2010 Administrative Tools
- Configuring Mailbox Server Roles
- Configuring Public Folders
Lab : Configuring Mailbox Servers
Module 3: Managing Recipient Objects
- Managing Mailboxes
- Managing Other Recipients
- Configuring Email Address Policies
- Configuring Address Lists and Address Book Policies
- Performing Bulk Recipient Management Tasks
Lab : Managing Exchange Recipients
Module 4: Managing Client Access
- Configuring the Client Access Server Role
- Configuring Client Access Services for Outlook Clients
- Configuring Outlook Web App
- Configuring Mobile Messaging
Lab : Configuring Client Access Servers for Outlook Anywhere Access
Lab : Configuring Client Access Servers for Outlook Web App and Exchange ActiveSync
Module 5: Managing Message Transport
- Overview of Message Transport
- Configuring Message Transport
Lab : Managing Message Transport
Module 6: Implementing Messaging Security
- Deploying Edge Transport Servers
- Deploying an Antivirus Solution
- Configuring an Anti-Spam Solution
- Configuring Secure SMTP Messaging
Lab : Configuring Edge Transport Servers and Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server
Lab : Implementing Anti-Spam Solutions
Module 7: Implementing High Availability
- Overview of High Availability Options
- Configuring Highly Available Mailbox Databases
- Deploying Highly Available Non-Mailbox Servers
- Deploying High Availability with Site Resilience
Lab : Implementing High Availability
Module 8: Implementing Backup and Recovery
- Planning Backup and Recovery
- Backing Up Exchange Server 2010
- Restoring Exchange Server 2010
Lab : Implementing Backup and Recovery
Module 9: Configuring Messaging Policy and Compliance
- Introducing Messaging Policy and Compliance
- Configuring Transport Rules
- Configuring Journaling and Multi-Mailbox Search
- Configuring Personal Archives
- Configuring Messaging Records Management
Lab : Configuring Transport Rules, Journal Rules, and Multi-Mailbox Search
Lab : Configuring Personal Archives and Retention Policies
Module 10: Securing Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Configuring Role Based Access Control
- Configuring Audit Logging
- Configuring Secure Internet Access
Lab : Securing Exchange Server 2010
Module 11: Maintaining Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Monitoring Exchange Server 2010
- Maintaining Exchange Server 2010
- Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2010
Lab : Maintaining Exchange Server 2010
Module 12: Upgrading from Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
- Overview of Upgrading to Exchange Server 2010
- Upgrading from Exchange Server 2003 to Exchange Server 2010
- Upgrading from Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
Module 13: Implementing Exchange Online with Office 365
- Introduction to Exchange Online
- Deploying Exchange Online
- Implementing Federated Delegation
This course prepares candidates to take the Microsoft official exam.
Please note the exams are not included in the course and must be booked separately through Pearson Vue.
This course includes:
- Training from a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course
- Microsoft official courseware
- Online labs (if available)
Course Key Points
Duration: 5 days
Exam(s): Not Included
Practice Exam(s): Not Included
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your Microsoft Training?
Highly skilled trainers with real world user experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Industry expert trainers with over 10 years experience
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
We can offer custom training tailored to your requirements
Post Course Support
We’ll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.