Designing and Deploying Messaging Solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 (10233) Training Course
> Certification Preparation Training Course
> Available in venues throughout Wales
> Classroom and Virtual courses available
> Onsite and customised courses available
> ReAct and Access funding accepted
Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
This five-day, instructor-led course provides you with the knowledge and skills to design and deploy messaging solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. This course describes how to gather requirements for a messaging solution and then design the integration of Exchange Server 2010 with the current infrastructure. The course then covers how to plan and deploy the various server roles in Exchange Server 2010. You will explore the various options for implementing messaging security, policies, and compliance. The course also examines the high availability and disaster recovery options and how to develop a troubleshooting plan. Finally, the course describes how to plan the transition from earlier versions of Exchange Server to Exchange Server 2010 and the integration of Exchange Server 2010 with other messaging systems, including with Microsoft Office 365.
- At least two years of experience working with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- At least six months of experience working with Exchange Server 2010 or Exchange Server 2007.
- At least two years of experience administering the Windows Server® operating system, including Windows Server 2008.
- At least two years of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- At least two years of experience working with name resolution, including DNS.
- Experience working with certificates, including Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Experience working with the Windows PowerShell® command-line interface.
Module 1: Introduction to Designing a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Deployment
- Gathering Business Requirements
- Identifying Additional Requirements
- Introduction to Service Level Management
- Analyzing the Current Messaging Environment
- Overview of Office 365
Lab : Introduction to Designing an Exchange Server 2010 Deployment
Module 2: Designing Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Integration with the Current Infrastructure
- Designing the Network Infrastructure
- Designing the Active Directory Infrastructure
- Designing the DNS Infrastructure
- Planning Exchange Server Administration
Lab : Designing Exchange Server Integration with the Current Infrastructure
Module 3: Planning and Deploying Mailbox Services
- Overview of Mailbox Services in Exchange Server 2010
- Designing Mailbox Servers
- Designing Recipient Management
- Designing Public Folder Architecture
Lab : Planning and Deploying Mailbox Services
Module 4: Planning and Deploying Client Access Services in Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Designing Client Access Server Deployment
- Designing Client Access
- Designing Client Access Policies
Lab : Planning and Deploying Client Access Services in Exchange Server 2010
Module 5: Planning and Deploying Message Transport in Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Designing Message Routing for Exchange Server 2010
- Designing Hub Transport Servers
- Designing the Message Routing Perimeter
Lab : Planning and Deploying Message Transport in Exchange Server 2010
Module 6: Planning and Deploying Messaging Security
- Designing Message Security
- Designing Antivirus and Anti-Spam Solutions
- Planning and Deploying Messaging Security
Lab : Planning and Deploying Messaging Security
Module 7: Planning and Deploying Messaging Compliance
- Designing Transport Compliance
- Designing AD RMS Integration
- Designing Message Journaling and Archiving
- Designing Messaging Records Management
Lab : Planning and Deploying Messaging Compliance
Module 8: Planning and Deploying High Availability
- Introduction to High Availability Planning in Exchange Server 2010
- Designing High Availability for Mailbox Databases
- Designing High Availability for Other Server Roles
- Designing Site Resilience
Lab : Planning and Deploying High Availability
Module 9: Planning a Disaster Recovery Solution
- Planning for Disaster Mitigation
- Planning Exchange Server Backup
- Planning Exchange Server Recovery
Lab : Planning a Disaster Recovery Solution
Module 10: Planning Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Planning Exchange Server Monitoring
- Planning Exchange Server Troubleshooting
Lab : Planning Exchange Server 2010 Monitoring and Troubleshooting
Module 11: Transitioning to Exchange Server 2010
- Overview of Upgrading to Exchange Server 2010
- Planning the Upgrade from Exchange Server 2003 to Exchange Server 2010
- Planning the Upgrade from Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
Lab : Upgrading to Exchange Server 2010
Module 12: Integrating Exchange Server 2010 with Other Messaging System
- Designing Exchange Server 2010 with Other Messaging Systems
- Designing Exchange Server 2010 with Federated Partners
- Designing Exchange 2010 Integration with Office 365
- Designing Single Sign-On for Office 365
Lab : Integrating Exchange Server 2010 with Other Messaging Systems
This course prepares candidates to take the Microsoft official exam.
Please note the exams are not included in the course and must be booked separately through Pearson Vue.
This course includes:
- Training from a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course
- Microsoft official courseware
- Online labs (if available)
Course Key Points
Duration: 5 days
Exam(s): Not Included
Practice Exam(s): Not Included
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your Microsoft Training?
Highly skilled trainers with real world user experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Industry expert trainers with over 10 years experience
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
We can offer custom training tailored to your requirements
Post Course Support
We’ll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.