Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 (20345-2) Training Course
> Certification Preparation Training Course
> Available in venues throughout Wales
> Classroom and Virtual courses available
> Onsite and customised courses available
> ReAct and Access funding accepted
Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
This course provides experienced Exchange Server administrators with the knowledge to design and implement an Exchange Server 2016 messaging environment. Students will learn how to design and configure advanced components in an Exchange Server 2016 deployment such as site resiliency, advanced security, compliance, archiving, and discovery solutions. In addition, students will learn about coexistence with other Exchange organizations or Exchange Online, and migration from previous versions of Exchange Server. The course will provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help students optimize their Exchange Server deployment.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A+ certification or equivalent knowledge.
- Network+ certification or equivalent knowledge.
- Completed Course 2028A, Basic Administration of Microsoft Windows 2000, or have equivalent knowledge of administrative tasks.
In addition to professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Attended course 20345-1A: Administering Exchange Server 2016, or have equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum two years of experience working with any version of Exchange Server.
- Minimum of six months of experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server 2016.
- Minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Minimum two years of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Minimum of two years of experience working with name resolution, including Domain Name System (DNS).
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Experience working with Windows Powershell.
Module 1: Planning Exchange Server 2016 deployments
- New features in Exchange Server 2016
- Gathering business requirements for an Exchange Server 2016 deployment
- Planning for an Exchange Server deployment
- Designing a Unified Messaging (UM) deployment
Lab : Planning Exchange Server 2016 deployments
- Evaluating an existing messaging infrastructure
- Identifying requirements
- Discussion: Deployment design for Exchange Server 2016
Module 2: Planning and deploying Exchange Server 2016 Mailbox services
- Planning Exchange Server hardware requirements
- Planning Exchange Server for virtualization and Microsoft Azure integration
- Planning and implementing public folders
Lab : Planning and implementing Exchange virtualization, mailbox databases, and public folders
- Planning for virtualization
- Planning for mailbox databases
- Implementing mailbox databases
- Planning and implementing public folders
Module 3: Planning and deploying message transport
- Designing message routing
- Designing transport services
- Designing the message-routing perimeter
- Designing and implementing transport compliance
Lab : Planning and deploying message transport
- Planning for a redundant and secure message transport
- Planning for transport compliance
- Implementing transport compliance
Module 4: Planning and deploying client access
- Planning for Exchange Server 2016 clients
- Planning for client access
- Planning and implementing Office Online Server
- Planning and implementing coexistence of SharePoint 2016 with Exchange
- Designing external client access
Lab : Planning and deploying client access solutions
- Planning and configuring namespaces
- Planning and configuring client access services options
- Planning and deploying Office Online Server
- Planning and implementing reverse proxy
Module 5: Designing and implementing high availabilityT
- Planning high availability for Exchange Server 2016
- Planning for load balancing
- Planning for site resilience
Lab : Designing and implementing site resiliency
- Creating a lag database copy
- Recovering data from a lagged database copy
- Implementing site resilience
- Validating site resilience
Module 6: Maintaining Exchange Server 2016
- Using Managed Availability to improve high availability
- Implementing DSC
Lab : Maintaining Exchange Server 2016
- Using Windows PowerShell to investigate and configure Managed Availability
- Implementing DSC
Module 7: Designing messaging security
- Planning messaging security
- Designing and implementing AD RMS and Azure RMS integration
Lab : Designing messaging security
- Implementing AD RMS
- Integrating AD RMS with Exchange Server
- Creating a message transport rule to protect email
- Proteccting an email with AD RMS
Module 8: Designing and implementing message retention
- Overview of messaging records management and archiving
- Designing In-Place Archiving
- Designing and implementing message retention
Lab : Designing and implementing message retention
- Designing message retention and archiving
- Implementing message retention and archiving
Module 9: Designing messaging compliance
- Designing and implementing data loss prevention
- Designing and implementing In-Place Hold
- Designing and implementing In-Place eDiscovery
Lab : Designing and implementing messaging compliance
- Designing messaging compliance
- Implementing data los prevention
- Implementing In-Place eDiscovery
- Comparing messaging policy and compliance options
Module 10: Designing and implementing messaging coexistence
- Designing and implementing federation
- Designing coexistence between Exchange organizations
- Designing and implementing cross-forest mailbox moves
Lab : Implementing messaging coexistence
- Implementing message-routing coexistence
- Migrating user mailboxes
Module 11: Upgrading to Exchange Server 2016
- Planning an upgrade from previous Exchange Server versions
- Implementing the upgrade from previous Exchange Server versions
Lab : Upgrading from Exchange Server 2013 to Exchange Server 2016
- Documenting the Exchange Server 2013 organization
- Deploying Exchange Server 2016
- Upgrading from Exchange Server 2013 to Exchange Server 2016
- Removing Exchange Server 2013
Module 12: Planning a hybrid Exchange Server deployment
- Basics of a hybrid deployment
- Planning and implementing a hybrid deployment
- Implementing advanced functionality for hybrid deployments
Lab : Designing the integration with Exchange Online
- Designing the integration with Exchange Online
This course prepares candidates to take the Microsoft official exam.
Please note the exams are not included in the course and must be booked separately through Pearson Vue.
This course includes:
- Training from a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course
- Microsoft official courseware
- Online labs (if available)
Course Key Points
Duration: 5 days
Exam(s): Not Included
Practice Exam(s): Not Included
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your Microsoft Training?
Highly skilled trainers with real world user experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Industry expert trainers with over 10 years experience
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
We can offer custom training tailored to your requirements
Post Course Support
We’ll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.