Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (20467) Training Course
> Certification Preparation Training Course
> Available in venues throughout Wales
> Classroom and Virtual courses available
> Onsite and customised courses available
> ReAct and Access funding accepted
Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
This training course teaches database and business intelligence (BI) professionals how to plan and design a BI solution that is based on Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and other Microsoft BI technologies.
Module 1: Planning a BI Solution
- Elements of a BI Solution
- Planning a BI Project
- The Microsoft BI Platform
Lab : Planning BI Solutions
Module 2: Planning SQL Server Business Intelligence Infrastructure
- Considerations of BI Infrastructure
- Planning Data Warehouse Hardware
Lab : Planning BI Infrastructure
Module 3: Designing a Data Warehouse
- Data Warehouse Design Overview
- Designing Dimension Tables
- Design FACT tables
Lab : Designing a Data Warehouse Logical Schema
Module 4: Designing an ETL solution
- ETL Overview
- Planning for Data Extraction
- Planning for Data Transformations
- Planning for Data Loading
Lab : Designing an ETL Solution
Module 5: Designing Analytical Data Models
- Introduction to Analytical data Models
- Designing Analytical Data Models
Lab : Designing Analytical Data ModelLab : Designing Dimensions and Hierarchies
Module 6: Planning a BI Delivery Solution
- Considerations for BI delivery
- Common Reporting Scenarios
- Choosing a Reporting Tool
Lab : Planning a BI Delivery Solution
Module 7: Designing a Reporting Services SolutionPlanning a Reporting Solution
- Designing Reports
- Planning Report Consistency
Lab : Designing a Reporting Services Solution
Module 8: Designing an Excel Based reporting Solution
- Using Excel for Data Reporting and Analysis
- PowerPivot in Excel
- Power View in Excel
Lab : Designing and Excel Reporting Solution
Module 9: Planning a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
- Planning Security for a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Planning Reporting Services Configuration
- Planning PowerPivot Configuration
- Planning for PerformancePoint Services
Lab : Implementing a SharePoint Server BI SolutionLab : Implementing PerformancePoint Services
Module 10: Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
- Overview of BI Monitoring
- Monitoring and Optimizing the Data Warehouse
- Monitoring and Analyzing Analysis Services
- Monitoring and Optimizing Reporting Services
Lab : Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
Module 11: Operating a BI Solution
- Overview of BI Operations
- ETL Operations
- Data Warehouse Operations
- Analysis Services Operations
- Reporting Services Operations
Lab : Operating a BI Solution
This course prepares candidates to take the Microsoft official exam.
Please note the exams are not included in the course and must be booked separately through Pearson Vue.
This course includes:
- Training from a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course
- Microsoft official courseware
- Online labs (if available)
Course Key Points
Duration: 5 days
Exam(s): Not Included
Practice Exam(s): Not Included
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your Microsoft Training?
Highly skilled trainers with real world user experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Industry expert trainers with over 10 years experience
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
We can offer custom training tailored to your requirements
Post Course Support
We’ll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.