SSRS - SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (55119) Cardiff Training Course
> Certification Preparation Training Course
> Available in venues throughout Wales
> Classroom and Virtual courses available
> Onsite and customised courses available
> ReAct and Access funding accepted
Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
This two-day instructor-led course is intended for those that are new to SQL Server Integration Services or are interested in learning the features available. This course uses an instructor-led topic explanation, instructor performing detailed demonstrations, then the student performing exercises to duplicate what the instructor demonstrated. This style of training is a combination of traditional classroom training and mentored learning. Additionally, videos of the demonstrations performed by the course author are included with the course as a take-away. The course completes with additional scenario-based labs to reinforce the course content.
Module 1: Course Overview
- Course Materials
- What We’ll Be Discussing
Module 2: SQL Server Integration Services Architecture
- Version Changes of SSIS From 2008-2012
- The SQL Server Integration Service
- Understanding Packages
- Managing with Control Flow
- Moving Data with Data Flow
- Understanding Variables
- Understanding Parameters
Lab : SQL Server Integration Services Architecture
Module 3: SQL Server Integration Services Tools
- Utilizing the Import/Export Wizard
- Working in the Explore Window
- Creating SQL Server Integration Services Packages
- Utilizing Connection Managers
Lab : SQL Server Integration Services Tools
Module 4: SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
- Coding the Script Task
- Looping and Sequence Tasks
- Utilizing Data Preparation Tasks
- Data Loading with the Analysis Services Tasks
- Using the Workflow Tasks
- Managing SQL with the SQL Tasks
- Administration of SQL Using the SQL Management Objects Tasks
Lab : SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
Module 5: Data Flow
- Optimizing Sources for Extraction
- Using Destinations and Understanding choices
- Examining the Transformation and Other Tasks (about 25 of them)
Lab : Data Flow
Module 6: Variables, Parameters and Expressions
- Creating Dynamic Packages
- Utilizing SQL Server Integration Services Data Typing
- Define and Use Variables and Parameters
- Using Expressions in Packages
Lab : Variables, Parameters and Expressions
Module 7: Containers
- Overview of Containers
- Utilizing Sequences in a Container
- Utilizing Container Loops
Lab : Containers
Module 8: Performing Joins
- Performing Joins with the Lookup Transformation
- Performing Joins with the Merge Transformation
- Utilizing Cache Modes in Joins
Lab : Performing Joins
Module 9: Tuning SQL Server Integration Services Packages
- Examining the SSIS Engine
- Using the Best Practices
Lab : Tuning SQL Server Integration Services Packages
Module 10: Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
- Designing to Troubleshoot: Using Precedence Constraints
- Working with Advanced Logging and Reporting
- Handling Errors
Lab : Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
Module 11: Common SQL Server Integration Services Design Patterns
- Choosing the Script Task or Script Component
- Working with XML
- Using Package Hierarchies: Parent Child
- Understanding Deployment Strategies
Lab : Common SQL Server Integration Services Design Patterns
Module 12: Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
- Scenario 1
- Scenario 2
- Scenario 3
Lab : Concept Reinforcement Scenarios
This course prepares candidates to take the Microsoft official exam.
Please note the exams are not included in the course and must be booked separately through Pearson Vue.
This course includes:
- Training from a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course
- Microsoft official courseware
- Online labs (if available)
Course Key Points
Duration: 2 days
Exam(s): Not Included
Practice Exam(s): Not Included
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your Microsoft Training?
Highly skilled trainers with real world user experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Industry expert trainers with over 10 years experience
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
We can offer custom training tailored to your requirements
Post Course Support
We’ll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Follow us for the latest updates
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.