SSRS - SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (55119) Cardiff Training Course
> Certification Preparation Training Course
> Available in venues throughout Wales
> Classroom and Virtual courses available
> Onsite and customised courses available
> ReAct and Access funding accepted
Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
This three-day instructor-led is intended for information workers and database professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge about SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services. During this course, attendees will learn how to Report Designer in SSDT and Report Builder, work with solutions and projects, design basic reports, enhance reports with formatting and images, effectively group and summarize data, work with parameterized reports, incorporate charts and custom maps, and work with drillthrough reports, and manage reports.
Module 1: SSRS Overview and Tools
- Reporting Services Features
- Tools Available with SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server Documentation
- Understand Reporting Services Features.
- Identify the SQL Server 2012 Tools.
- Find and Use SQL Server Documentation.
Module 2: Working with Solutions and Projects
- Working with SQL Server Data Tools
- Understanding Solutions and Projects
- Working with the Visual Studio Interface
Lab : Working with Solutions and Projects (Optional)
- Work with SQL Server Data Tools.
- Understand solutions and projects.
- Work with the Visual Studio interface.
Module 3: Creating Basic Reports
- What is a Data Source?
- What is a Dataset?
- Using the Report Wizard
- What is Tablix?
- Creating a Tabular Report
- Creating a List Report
- What is a Matrix?
- Deploying a Project
Lab : Creating Basic Reports
- Understand the differences between shared and embedded data sources and datasets.
- Create shared and embedded data sources and datasets
- Use the Report Wizard to build basic reports.
- Create a basic matrix report from a shared dataset.
Module 4: Formatting Reports
- Working with Text Boxes
- Rich Text Formatting
- Managing Text Boxes
- Drawing Lines and Boxes
- Page Headers and Footers
- Adding a Document Map
- Rendering Reports
Lab : Formatting Reports
- Format data to enhance a report.
- Add images to a report.
- Work with page headers and footers.
Module 5: Custom Expressions
- Understanding Expressions
- Defining Expressions
- Working with Report Variables
- Understanding Lookup, LookupSet, and Multilookup Functions
- Expression Samples
Lab : Custom Expressions
- Use expressions to work with custom formulas.
- Use expressions to change the way data is displayed in report.
- Use expressions to incorporate data from more than one dataset.
Module 6: Summarizing and Sorting
- Creating Groups
- Parent/Child vs. Adjacent Groupings
- Adding Totals and Aggregations
- Creating Aggregates of Aggregates
Lab : Summarizing and Sorting
- Add both row and column parent groups to an existing report.
- Aggregate data for summary reports.
- Create reports using adjacent groups in a matrix.
- Work with group properties.
Module 7: Add Flexibility with Parameters
- Adding Parameters to a Report
- Report Parameters vs. Query Parameters
- Manage Report Parameter Properties
- Use Parameters with SQL Queries and Stored Procedures
- Work with Cascading Parameters
- Sort Based on a Parameter Setting
- Filtered Reports
Lab : Add Flexibility with Parameters
- Customize report data with both query and report parameters.
- Use parameters to define interactive sort and visibility options.
- Add filters to a dataset.
Module 8: Enhanced Report Items
- Add a Map to a Report
- Data Bar, Indicator, and Sparkline Report Items
- Nesting Data Regions
- Sub-reports and Drill-through Reports
- Working with Drill-through Reports
Lab : Enhanced Report Items
- Use lessons up to this point to create a complete solution.
- Choose between data visualization options.
- Add data visualization items to an existing report.
- Add a drill-through report send parameters to the drill-through report.
Module 9: Using Report Manager
- Navigating Report Manager
- Understanding Permissions
- Viewing Reports
- Working with Shared Data Sources
- Managing Reports
Lab : Using Report Manager
- Create and deploy a project by using SSDT.
- Work with Report Manager to view and manage reports.
- Create a linked report.
- Add report snapshots by using Report Manager.
Module 10: Using Report Builder for SQL Server 2012
- ClickOnce vs. Stand-alone
- Installing the Stand-alone Version
- Using the Report Builder Tool
- Creating Datasets
- Creating Reports
- Creating Reports Using Wizards
- Creating Reports Without a Wizard
- OPening Existing Reports
- Working with Report Parts
Lab : Using Report Builder for SQL Server 2012
- Implement basic features from previous modules in Report Builder
- Add data visualization items to a report using Report Builder.
This course prepares candidates to take the Microsoft official exam.
Please note the exams are not included in the course and must be booked separately through Pearson Vue.
This course includes:
- Training from a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course
- Microsoft official courseware
- Online labs (if available)
Course Key Points
Duration: 3 days
Exam(s): Not Included
Practice Exam(s): Not Included
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your Microsoft Training?
Highly skilled trainers with real world user experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Industry expert trainers with over 10 years experience
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
We can offer custom training tailored to your requirements
Post Course Support
We’ll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Follow us for the latest updates
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.