Developing SQL Data Models (20768) Training Course
> Certification Preparation Training Course
> Available in venues throughout Wales
> Classroom and Virtual courses available
> Onsite and customised courses available
> ReAct and Access funding accepted
Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
The focus of this 3-day instructor-led course is on creating managed enterprise BI solutions. It describes how to implement both multidimensional and tabular data models and how to create cubes, dimensions, measures, and measure groups. This course helps you prepare for the Exam 70-768.
Module 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Introduction to Business Intelligence
- The Microsoft business intelligence platform
Lab : Exploring a BI Solution
- Exploring a Data Warehouse
- Exploring a data model
Module 2: Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Introduction to Multidimensional Analysis
- Data Sources and Data Source Views
- Overview of Cube Security
- Configure SSAS
- Monitoring SSAS
Lab : Creating a multidimensional database
- Creating a Data Source
- Creating and Configuring a data Source View
- Creating and Configuring a Cube
- Adding a Dimension to a Cube
Module 3: Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Configuring Dimensions
- Defining Attribute Hierarchies
- Implementing Sorting and Grouping Attributes
- Slowly Changing Dimensions
Lab : Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Configuring Dimensions
- Defining Relationships and Hierarchies
- Sorting and Grouping Dimension Attributes
Module 4: Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Working with Measures
- Working with Measure Groups
Lab : Configuring Measures and Measure Groups
- Configuring Measures
- Defining Regular Relationships
- Configuring Measure Group Storage
Module 5: Introduction to MDX
- MDX fundamentals
- Adding Calculations to a Cube
- Using MDX to Query a Cube
Lab : Using MDX
- Querying a cube using MDX
- Adding a Calculated Member
Module 6: Customizing Cube Functionality
- Implementing Key Performance Indicators
- Implementing Actions
- Implementing Perspectives
- Implementing Translations
Lab : Customizing a Cube
- Implementing an action
- Implementing a perspective
- Implementing a translation
Module 7: Implementing a Tabular Data Model by Using Analysis Services
- Introduction to Tabular Data Models
- Creating a Tabular Data Model
- Using an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model in an Enterprise BI Solution
Lab : Working with an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Creating an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Configure Relationships and Attributes
- Configuring Data Model for an Enterprise BI Solution.
Module 8: Introduction to Data Analysis Expression (DAX)
- DAX Fundamentals
- Using DAX to Create Calculated Columns and Measures in a Tabular Data Model
Lab : Creating Calculated Columns and Measures by using DAX
- Creating Calculated Columns
- Creating Measures
- Creating a KPI
- Creating a Parent – Child Hierarchy
Module 9: Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
- Overview of Data Mining
- Creating a Custom Data Mining Solution
- Validating a Data Mining Model
- Connecting to and Consuming a Data-Mining Model
- Using the Data Mining add-in for Excel
Lab : Using Data Mining
- Creating a Data Mining Structure and Model
- Exploring Data Mining Models
- Validating Data Mining Models
- Consuming a Data Mining Model
- Using the Excel Data Mining add-in
This course prepares candidates to take the Microsoft official exam.
Please note the exams are not included in the course and must be booked separately through Pearson Vue.
This course includes:
- Training from a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course
- Microsoft official courseware
- Online labs (if available)
Course Key Points
Duration: 3 days
Exam(s): Not Included
Practice Exam(s): Not Included
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your Microsoft Training?
Highly skilled trainers with real world user experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Industry expert trainers with over 10 years experience
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
We can offer custom training tailored to your requirements
Post Course Support
We’ll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Follow us for the latest updates
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.