Administering Windows Server 2012 (20411) Training Course
> Certification Preparation Training Course
> Available in venues throughout Wales
> Classroom and Virtual courses available
> Onsite and customised courses available
> ReAct and Access funding accepted
Learn from anywhere - we offer this course as a live instructor-led online virtual course that allows you to access classroom training wherever you are
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
Get hands-on instruction and practice administering Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is part two in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on the administration tasks necessary to maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure such as configuring and troubleshooting name resolution, user and group management with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Group Policy, implementing Remote Access solutions such as DirectAccess, VPNs and Web Application Proxy, implementing Network Policies and Network Access Protection, Data Security, deployment and maintenance of server images, as well as update management and monitoring of Windows Server 2012 environments.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 411: Administering Windows Server 2012, which is the second of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential.
Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
Module 1: Configuring and Troubleshooting Domain Name System
- Configuring the DNS Server Role
- Configuring DNS Zones
- Configuring DNS Zone Transfers
- Managing and Troubleshooting DNS
Lab : Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS
Module 2: Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services
- Overview of AD DS
- Implementing Virtualized Domain Controllers
- Implementing RODCs
- Administering AD DS
- Managing the AD DS Database
Lab : Maintaining AD DS
Module 3: Managing User and Service Accounts
- Configuring Password Policy and User Account Lockout Settings
- Configuring Managed Service Accounts
Lab : Managing User and Service Accounts
Module 4: Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and Administering GPOs
- Group Policy Scope and Group Policy Processing
- Troubleshooting the Application of GPOs
Lab : Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
Module 5: Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
- Implementing Administrative Templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection and Scripts
- Configuring Group Policy Preferences
- Managing Software with Group Policy
Lab : Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
Module 6: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role
- Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server
- Configuring RADIUS Clients and Servers
- NPS Authentication Methods
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Network Policy Server
Lab : Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server
Module 7: Implementing Network Access Protection
- Overview of Network Access Protection
- Overview of NAP Enforcement Processes
- Configuring NAP
- Configuring IPSec Enforcement for NAP
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
Lab : Implementing Network Access Protection
Module 8: Implementing Remote Access
- Overview of Remote Access
- Implementing DirectAccess by Using the Getting Started Wizard
- Implementing and Managing an Advanced DirectAccess Infrastructure
- Implementing VPN
- Implementing Web Application Proxy
Lab : Implementing DirectAccess by Using the Getting Started Wizard
Lab : Deploying an Advanced DirectAccess Solution
Lab : Implementing VPN
Lab : Implementing Web Application Proxy
Module 9: Optimizing File Services
- Overview of FSRM
- Using FSRM to Manage Quotas, File Screens, and Storage Reports
- Implementing Classification and File Management Tasks
- Overview of DFS
- Configuring DFS Namespaces
- Configuring and Troubleshooting DFS Replication
Lab : Configuring Quotas and File Screening Using File Server Resource Manager
Lab : Implementing Distributed File System
Module 10: Configuring Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Encrypting Drives by Using BitLocker
- Encrypting Files by Using EFS
- Configuring Advanced Auditing
Lab : Configuring Encryption and Advanced Auditing
Module 11: Deploying and Maintaining Server Images
- Overview of Windows Deployment Services
- Managing Images
- Implementing Deployment with Windows Deployment Services
- Administering Windows Deployment Services
Lab : Using Windows Deployment Services to Deploy Windows Server 2012
Module 12: Implementing Update Management
- Overview of WSUS
- Deploying Updates with WSUS
Lab : Implementing Update Management
Module 13: Monitoring Windows Server 2012
- Monitoring Tools
- Using Performance Monitor
- Monitoring Event Logs
Lab : Monitoring Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server Administrators experienced in working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 who wish to gain skills necessary to perform daily management and maintenance tasks in a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the 411, Administering Windows Server 2012 exam
- IT professional wishing to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialities.
This course includes:
- Training from a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course
- Microsoft official courseware
- Online labs (if available)
Course Key Points
Duration: 5 days
Exam(s): Not Included
Practice Exam(s): Not Included
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Dates and Prices
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can't find the course dates, location or delivery type you are looking for? Fill out the Request Dates form above and we'll try our best to accommodate.
Interact in person with our expert instructors in venues throughout the UK
Participate in live instructor-led sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Learn new skills from our expert instructors, in your own time and at your own pace
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your Microsoft Training?
Highly skilled trainers with real world user experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Learn From Home
Live instructor-led virtual courses available
Industry expert trainers with over 10 years experience
No Hidden Charges
Course materials and equipment are all provided
We can offer custom training tailored to your requirements
Post Course Support
We’ll be on hand to help and answer any questions
Other Related Courses
Newport Office: NILC, 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
Cardiff Office: NILC, 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HA
Bridgend Office: NILC, Floor 1, 5 Five Bells Road, Bridgend, CF31 3HW
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All course bookings are subject to availability.