ReAct Funded CoursesWelsh Assembly Government funded training courses for learners facing redundancy.
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
ReACT Funded Training Courses in Bridgend, Cardiff, Newport & Other Locations – ReAct For Individuals
What is ReAct Funding?
The Redundancy Action Scheme (ReAct) is a programme of funding for training provided by the Welsh Government for people living in Wales who are facing redundancy.
You can receive a training award of up to £1,500 to help you get the skills you need to land a job. You can train while you are job hunting or you can go on courses to get the skills you need even if you plan to become self employed eventually.
Who is eligible?
Support under the ReAct scheme is available for individuals who:
- Have become unemployed in the last 3 months as a result of redundancy, are currently unemployed, and who have not been in continuous employment for 6 weeks or more since being made redundant; or
- Are currently under notice of redundancy; and
- Have not undertaken any publicly funded training since being made redundant, including the work-based learning suite of programmes.
What support is available?
There are 3 elements to ReAct:
- Recruitment & Training Support
- Vocational training Grant – Discretionary Award
- Extra Support Grant – Discretionary Award
Support is available for eligible applicants to increase their skills and remove barriers to learning, or returning to work. In order to ensure that this training provides the best possible chance of finding new employment, all applicants will need to have their training needs assessed by Careers Wales. Careers Wales will also advise on suitable training courses and training venues.
Under this part of the scheme the following financial support is available:
- 100% of training costs to acquire new skills (up to a maximum of £1,500)
- help towards the cost of travelling to training courses
- overnight accommodation costs, where appropriate
- a contribution towards childcare costs whilst training (subject to limits and conditions)
- help with the cost of special equipment to remove barriers to training
We like to know exactly how we can help and support you and invite you to call or visit us for a chat with one of our advisers who can help you gain the most out of the ReAct programme.
In this informal meeting we can discuss your previous role, the type of jobs you would like to apply for going forward and how best to use your training allowance to get you back into work.
Have a question about our ReAct funded courses? Speak to one of our advisors today.
Popular ReAct Training Courses
Browse our most popular training courses.
"I really cannot fault the quality of the environment, tuition and course content. I have completed several courses here and they have all far exceeded my other learning experiences. I definitely recommend NILC."
Tracey Hassell | ReAct Learner
Our registered office and postal address is 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT.
All course bookings are subject to availability.